The public holiday import is a possibility to ease the creation of public holiday in Genius Project. This was implemented in v8.00 only.
Please follow the procedure:
1) Open the Excel file. Enter/Copy the information by resource in each row. You will find comments on some headings for advice. Please DO NOT change the order of the columns.
2) The location is optional. All other fields are mandatory. The date format must be YYYY-MM-DD. A Public Holiday without location will be available for all locations.
If you want to upload the public holidays on your own:
- Delete the line with the headings and the example, so that the first line starts with the first public holiday.
- Save the document under the file format "CSV - semicolon delimited". Open the new CSV file in the Editor (notepad or any other similar program) and make sure all values are delimited by a semicolon and that the resources are in separate rows.
- If there is any accentuated characters, make sure to save the file with UTF-8 encoding in the Editor
- Open the Resources database setup, first tab.
- Click the [Actions > Import CSV file] menu. Choose the "Public holidays" option and select the created CSV file.
If you need any help, please contact Genius Project.