Here is a checklist of things to verify when you have trouble loading the Gantt Chart in Genius Project which requires Oracle Java Runtime.
- Check what version of Java you currently have installed on your computer: https://www.java.com/verify/
- Check if the Java plugin is properly enabled in your browser. If you are using Firefox, you might need to manually enable the java plugin.
- If you are an Administrator, you can go to the setup & administration section of the current database, and check if there are any related system event.
- Is your issue specific to one project? Are you able to open the Gantt for other projects in your system?
- Is the issue specific to your computer? Is is possible to open the Gantt for the same project from another computer?
- Check if there are any errors in the Java console
- Make sure you have no more than one Java version installed, otherwise it could cause serious performance issues.
- Install the Java 32 bits version instead of the Java 64 bits, as the 32 bits version is more stable.
- If you are an Administrator and have appropriate access to the Notes Client, you can dump the XML file that is used by Genius Planner.
- If you are an Administrator and have appropriate access to the Notes Client, you can also dump all the project documents as XML.