It is possible to display Task and To Do's documents directly in the calendar of mail systems supporting authentication for iCalendar feeds.
The URL to connect to is [protocol]://[Database path]/iCalendar.ics?OpenAgent
[protocol] depends on the mail platform, and Database path is the full path of the Projects database that must be accessed. For example gils03.geniusinside.com/test/
Warning: if you need to log in with more than one ID, make sure not to save the password, otherwise you will not be able to enter the password for the second ID. If it should happen, though, here is the procedure to delete the saved password:
- In the list of programs, go to Accessories > Execute (keyboard shortcut Win+R).
- Type in the following command in the input box: rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr.
- Click OK.
- In the list of saved password, spot the entry corresponding to the mail system and URL, and delete it.
Configuration for IBM Notes 8.5 and above
- Open the calendar.
- In the Show calendars left panel, click Add calendar…
- Select the type iCalendar feed.
- Select A private calendar (login, password and URL are needed).
- Enter the label of the calendar, the username and password that are used to connect to the Projects database.
- Enter the URL http://[Database path]/iCalendar.ics?OpenAgent
- Choose the formatting options.
Configuration for Outlook 2010 and above
- Click Calendar in the navigation bar.
- In the calendar menu, click on Open the calendar --> From Internet…
- Enter the URL webcal://[Database path]/iCalendar.ics?OpenAgent
- Enter the username and password that are used to connect to the Projects database.
- Answer Yes to the question Add the calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates.